Sunday, January 28, 2007

Moneydance 2007 keyboard shortcut tip

When I switched back to Moneydance after using other personal finances software for almost a month, I had a few transactions to enter and then had to balance my accounts. One of them had quite a few transactions to mark as cleared. It seemed like it would take a while. I accidentally found a shortcut that makes it pretty fast.

  1. Click on the account you want to reconcile and hit "Actions" and then "Reconcile"
  2. Enter the ending balance and hit "OK".
  3. You'll have a list of all the deposits and withdrawals for that account that have not been marked as cleared yet. Find the earliest transaction that has cleared and click on the field that indicates if it has cleared yet.
  4. Once that transaction has been marked as cleared, hit the down arrow on your keyboard.
  5. This should select the next transaction in the list and mark it as cleared too.
  6. Repeat hitting the down arrow until all the cleared transactions have been marked as cleared.
I wonder how many other little shortcuts like this are in Moneydance that I don't know about?

No comments: