Monday, July 23, 2007

emergency crash mode budget

Here we go again... I am once more in the land of the job hunters. It is a bit different this time. I saw it coming and saved up some cash. This would be the first time I've had more than a 5 second warning that employment problems were coming.

My current routine for the day: in the morning I apply for at least two jobs, clean a bit, eat lunch and then exercise. In the afternoon, I do some reading and work on some ideas that could earn some extra cash. Right now it is more working on coming up with ideas than actually doing them.

There's a neighborhood garage sale coming up in mid-August. We'll see how much junk we can sell.

I'm planning on using Dave Ramsey's Irregular Income Planning form available here to budget until I get another steady job. I'll have a spreadsheet version of that form up at the beginning of August, if not sooner.

No comments: